Job summary & general responsibilities
The Preferred Communities Case Manager works within the framework of the Preferred Communities grant providing intensive services to clients who meet the PC eligibility criteria (single parenthood, chronic health conditions, mental health challenges, LGBTQ+ clients, victims of domestic violence, etc.) The PC Case Manager ensures clients’ basic and specific needs are met so that they can overcome barriers and make progress towards self-sufficiency. The PC Case Manager ensures compliance with PC grant requirements. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work, interdisciplinary studies, psychology, or a related field and ideally has several years of experience in case management. We are looking for an organized, creative, and passionate candidate. The PC Case Manager must possess a valid driver’s license and have their own vehicle. The position is based in Knoxville. Multilingual candidates, especially candidates speaking Swahili are encouraged to apply.
• Conducts assessments to determine client needs and eligibility for PC services
• Maintains frequent contact with assigned cases, including home visits (once a month minimum, but more as needed)
• Assists clients in accessing appropriate external services and public benefits
• Coordinates with other Bridge staff and community providers for services including English class, childcare, education, health care, employment, immigration legal services, mental health services, addiction services, disability services and benefits, housing services, etc.
• Ensures refugees’ basic needs (housing, food, clothing, etc.) are addressed and that they can meet these needs on their own as soon as possible
•Transports and accompanies clients to appointments for various services and helps them find ways to get to their appointments independently
• Provides additional community and cultural orientation (in addition to what was provided during R&P period), as needed
• Ensures that proper language interpretation and translation are provided as needed
• Maintains case files, case notes and required documentation for each case
• Participates in PC program network meetings
• Provides regular reporting to funders about the PC program
• Provides crisis intervention and/or arrange for this to be provided, as needed
• Maintains and updates PC database with client information, periodic assessments, resources and gaps, and referrals
Immediate Supervisor: Program manager
Please send your cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Only preselected candidates will be notified.