Click the tabs below to reveal the job details and requirements for each position.
Development and Communication Manager
Bridge Refugee Services- Knoxville, TN
Full Time position
Immediate supervisor: Executive Director
Start Date: ASAP
This position supports the programmatic work of Bridge Refugee Services by securing sufficient and sustainable financial resources to meet the needs of our organization and clientele. The position is located at Bridge’s main office in Knoxville, TN and supports Chattanooga office, too. The Development and Communication Manager will work with the Executive Director, the Associate Director, and the Board fundraising committees to create a fundraising strategy and identify potential funders in the community and beyond. Successful candidates will have a diverse skill set including grant-writing, donor relations, event planning, public relations and speaking, and branding. The Development and Communication Manager will maintain and manage the donor management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Nonprofit Leadership, Communications or Public Relations.
- Commitment to Bridge’s mission.
- At least two years of grant writing, fundraising and communication experience.
- Experience in a non-profit work environment is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, persuasive, writing and communication skills.
- Excellent personal organization, work planning and time management skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and techniques.
- Track record of successful grant applications.
- Ability to work well with a collaborative team of staff.
- Experience and skill in public speaking.
- Strong relationship building and solicitation skills.
- Have a good chain of command with Canva, Google Suite and content creation software.
- Self-motivated, accountable to goals and willingness to learn new technics, ideas, and skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Cultivates, recruit, and recognize community and corporate partners.
- Researches and writes grant applications to support Bridge’s programs and operations.
- Runs fundraising and social media campaigns.
- Creates and implement Bridge’s development plan and a fundraising policy alongside the Executive Director and the Board Fundraising/Community Engagement Committees.
- Participates on the fundraising committees.
- Plans, oversee fundraising events and manage the development of event materials (brochures, invitations, posters, etc.)
- Manages and maintains donor database to include basic donors’ information, donations, and donor acknowledgments.
- Responsible for timely donor acknowledgement and recognition of donors as appropriate.
- Manages organization’s communications assets including photo library, success stories, infographics, design flyers, print and digital collateral.
- Maintains social media and Bridge’s website.
- Meets with potential donors in person to solicit funds.
- Creates, formats, and distributes regular emails newsletters as well as updates to the broader community and manages email lists using MailChimp.
- Coordinate communications efforts for special events.
- Manages and coordinates communications contractors.
- Collaborates with the Volunteer and Cosponsorship Managers to organize the volunteer and donors’ appreciation event.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, brief portfolio of design work and your fundraising and communication experience, and three professional references to the Drocella Mugorewera at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only preselected candidates will be invited for interview.
Job Title: Case Manager
Full Time position
The case manager will be in charge of securing an affordable furnished apartment for new refugees, providing a warm
welcome to refugees upon their arrival in the US, making sure that every client understands his/her roles and
responsibilities as well as the programs they are enrolled in and empowering clients to navigate the American System – a prerequisite for becoming self-sufficient and integrated in their new community. In their first days, refugees should
understand that learning English, finding employment and community engagement are three pillars of successful
refugee integration. Building trust and professional relationships with refugees are key.
• Coordinate apartment set up for arriving refugees. This may include moving furniture and household goods into
• Welcome new refugees at the airport
• Develop Self Sufficiency Plans with clients, assisting them to develop realistic goals for their resettlement period
• Maintain detailed and timely case notes and financial logs in compliance with Bridge’s grant agreements
• Facilitate and supervise cultural orientation sessions for new refugees
• Educate refugees about their rights and responsibilities
• Assist refugees to enroll in English Classes
• Communicate regularly with the Department of Human Services (DHS), Social Security office, healthcare
facilities, and other social service agencies
• Empower refugees to do things by themselves
• Assist the Volunteer Manager with recording volunteer time and donations for Bridge’s programs
• Maintain communication with clients and resolve conflicts through appropriate interventions
• Orient clients to community resources
• Collect clients’ feedbacks
• Perform other responsibilities as requested by the Program and Human Resource Manager
• Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, International Studies, or a related field.
• Fluency in the English language
• Experience in a social services or human services environment strongly preferred
• Candidates who speak Swahili, Kirundi, or Kinyarwanda encouraged to apply
• Preference for candidates who have case management experience and/or experience working with culturally
• Passion for serving and empowering refugees
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite preferred
• Ability to work well with a team
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
Supervisor: Program and Human Resource Manager
• Prolonged periods of sitting at desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times
How to Apply: Please send your resume, a cover letter, and three professional references to Drocella at
email@example.com. Only pre-selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
No openings at this time.